Monday 24 January 2022

My Tatraplan temporarily on display at the Whiteman Park Motor Museum


Thanks to the Covid lockdown BS in 2021, I didn't really get much chance to use any of my classic cars very much. The Tatra in particular had a showing at the Classic Car Show and one or two trips to Classic Cars and Coffee, but most of the year she simply sat under a dust cover in my garage.

After bumping into the manager of the WA Motor Museum at the Rotary Club of Como show, we discussed displaying the Tatra at the museum for a time. Just a little before Christmas I dropped her off.

I popped into the Motor Museum on Sunday 23rd January 2022 to see where she ended up. I must say they have displayed her a very good position, right next to the museum's star attraction, Daniel Ricciardo's F1 car.

The museum staff have given her a very good polish and she really stands out.

So, if you're in Perth and want to see the only Tatra in Western Australia up close and personal, pop in to the museum at Whiteman Park and have a look. The museum has a great collection of classic cars and motorcycles.

The museum is open 10am to 4pm every day of the year. Whiteman Park also has many other attractions, including the Caversham Wildlife Park, the Tractor Museum and tram rides through the park Check the museum website for more details https://www.motormuseumwa.com.au/

More photos from my visit: https://heinkelscooter.blogspot.com/2022/02/motor-museum-of-wa-whiteman-park.html


No comments:

Post a Comment