Friday 30 July 2021

Tatra Myths Debunked


It's amazing how much misinformation you see on the internet about Tatras, even among people who should know better. I recently wrote a write up about the Hagerty stunt for my car club magazine and our editor added a whole paragraph repeating the same BS Tatra and Volkswagen myths. I had to intervene and make him remove this rubbish.

I cannot display my car at a show without someone coming up and telling me that "more Nazi's died in Tatras...." and "Ferdinand Porsche stole the idea for the Volkswagen...." It's odd that people who otherwise know nothing about these cars feel that they're informed enough to come and tell the owner all about their history. The only other vehicle that draws a similar reaction is the Chevrolet Corvair. I have several friends with Corvairs and they all have to put up with the same BS of people telling them they're unsafe at any speed. I drove a Corvair several years ago and was amazed at its handling. They're one of the few American cars I actually enjoyed driving. Amazing ride and far better handling than most contemporary American cars. Because of their reputation, Corvairs are under-appreciated and can be picked up for a very decent price.

So, this debunking video is me talking off the cuff as I drive. Consequently, some of the comments could do with elaboration or explanation in more detail. If you have comments or questions, please add them to the video or the blog and I'll happily discuss.

The Origin of the Nazi-Killing Tatra Myth https://tatrat600.blogspot.com/2022/02/the-origin-of-tatra-nazi-killing-myth.html


No comments:

Post a Comment